GMC developed fundraiser programs for the following organizations:
- 1996 Mt. San Antonio Relays (Walnut, CA)
- 1995 Goodwill-Friendship Games (Ontario, CA)
- 1995-1996 Kaiser Permanente Hospital (Fontana, CA) – Adopt-A-Family
- 1995 Dynasty Softball Tournament
- Chino Valley American Softball Association
- Chino Hills Softball Milkcan Tournament
- Chino Valley Softball Association
- Walnut Youth Softball Association – Memorial Day Tournament
- American Fastpitch Association Tournaments
- American Pastime Association Tournaments
- Southern California Cobras Softball
- Shooting Stars Softball Association – Anaheim Hills
- Ontario Mountain View Little League
- Chino National Little League
- Ontario National Little League
- Creekside Ranch Little League
GMC has played a significant role in planning the following events:
- Pasadena Historical Museum – Olympic Exhibit & Pin Shows – September through November 2000
- 23rd Annual Oympin Collectors Club Show – Los Angeles in October 2004.
In 1992, the Atlanta Committee for the 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympic Games (ACOG) invited Gold Medal Collectibles (GMC) to provide antique Olympic memorabilia for their store. This authentic antique memorabilia was sold and displayed at the “Olympic Experience” located in the Underground Mall in Atlanta, Georgia.
We were invited to write an article for publication in the Official Olympic Pin Guide for the 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympic Games. The article is a two-page summary about the history of the Olympic Games. We have also written articles for publication in the Pindemonium Magazine and newsletters for the Olympin Collectors’ Club.
From November 23, 2001, through February 28, 2002, we formed a partnership with Pin Pardners International, LLC, to host the Salt Lake City Pin Show – 2002 during the Salt Lake City Winter Olympic Games. The show was held at the Crossroads Plaza Mall.
In 2003, the Bid Committee for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games invited GMC to attend the bid announcement at the GM Place in Vancouver. Richard was interviewed by Global Television for a news segment on the hobby of pin collecting.
In 2004, we formed a partnership with the Southern California Olympic Pin Club to host the 23rd Annual Olympin Collectors’ Club in downtown Los Angeles, California. The show consisted of a three-day collector show (over 100 vendor tables), charity auction, charter tour, and banquet. Richard was President of the Los Angeles Show Organizing Committee responsible for planning the three-day event. Richard was interviewed by CNN, KNBC-TV4 (Los Angeles), and the Los Angeles Times about the hobby of pin collecting.
In 2005, Richard was elected as a board member of the Olympin Collector’s Club. His primary responsibility will be to provide guidance in developing future bid and host cities for the annual Olympin Collector’s Show. Richard is now working closely with future organizing committee to host the next Annual Olympin Club Collector’s Show. He represent the Olympin Club in establishing a line of communication between the Olympin Collector’s Club and future Olympic Games Organizing Committees to promote the historical aspects of the hobby.
In 2005, Richard was invited to become a member of the International Society of Olympic Historians (ISOH). This group is composed of serious collectors who have a background in promoting the hobby of collecting items of historical value.
In 2006, Gold Medal Collectibles started accepting consignments and making preparations for the first mail-order Olympic memorabilia auction. The current goal is to conduct three auctions per year.
Gold Medal Collectibles Auction No. 1 closed on June 10. As will be our tradition, the back cover of the catalog was dedicated to an Olympic host city. The first dedciation was to the 1932 and 1984 Los Angeles Summer Olympic Games.
In 2007, Richard and Virginia were invited by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to attend the Collector’s Fair in celebration of the opening of the Cultural Olympiad of the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympic Games. The six-day event was held in Beijing from June 23 to June 27, 2007. Over 300 collectors from 30 regions and countries gathered to trade and buy new and antique Olympic collectibles. Thousands of Chinese collectors attended the fair with great enthusiasm. Former and Lifetime Honorary IOC President Juan Antonio Samaranch was the guest of honor at this spectacular event.
We have attended the following Olympic Games:
- 1984 Summer Olympic Games – Los Angeles
- 1988 Winter Olympic Games – Calgary
- 1996 Summer Olympic Games – Atlanta
- 2002 Winter Olympic Games – Salt Lake City
- 2010 Winter Olympic Games – Vancouver
- 2012 Summer Olympic Games – London
We have attended the following Olympic Torch Relays:
- 1984 Los Angeles Summer Olympic – in Ontario, Caif., Los Angeles
- 1988 Calgary Winter Olympic Games – in Calgary
- 1996 Alanta Summer Olympic Games – in Los Angeles, Orange County, Barstow, Atlanta
- 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympic Games – in Los Angeles, Salt Lake City
- 2004 Athens Summer Olympic Games – in Los Angeles, New York City
- 2008 Beiing Summer Olympic Games – in San Fransisco
- 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games – in Vancouver
- 2012 London Summer Olympic Games – in London
We have attended the following Olympic Host City Announcements:
- 1995 Host City Annoucment for 2002 Winter Olympic – in Salt Lake City
- 2003 Host City Annoucment for 2010 Winter Olympic – in Vancouver
- 2005 Host City Annoucment for 2012 Summer Olympic – in New York City
- 2009 Host City Annoucment for 2016 Summer Olympic – in Chicago